Cultivate is a grass-roots effort, designed to nourish and support community by 1) creating a space for contemporary dance to take root, develop and flourish, and 2) encouraging a conversation to develop between artist and audience.
Cultivate is more than just a dance festival; it’s a way to nourish community, and practice being alive and awake in our bodies, lives and world at large.
I created Cultivate four years ago, when I first moved to rural Northern New Hampshire. What was originally a one day gathering of a few friends, has grown into a lively four day festival that includes:
- 4 full days of dance workshops for all levels!
- FREE DANCE CLASSES FOR KIDS!
- 20 award winning dance artists from all over the country come to Bethlehem!
- 3 evenings of dance performances on the Mainstage at the historic Colonial Theatre!
- Every. Body. Dances. | A Dance and Education Conference presented in partnership with the Arts Alliance of Northern New Hampshire!
- a 12 hour town-wide art walk featuring the work of over 100 visual artists, musicians, crafters and performers!
- new this year! HORIZON: Bethlehem’s first ever Screendance Festival!
- spontaneous community events, flash mobs and surprise guests!
- shared meals and plenty of opportunities for artists and audience to linger and mingle.
Class sizes are limited! Advance registration is strongly encouraged for all workshops. For complete schedule, ticket reservations and registration info, please visit Cultivate on Eventbrite!
To learn more about Cultivate, and to find out how you can be involved, check back here often! You can also follow Cultivate on Facebook and become a fan here.
07.24.10 tried to become a facebook fan, but the link didn’t work 😦
Hi Katy! Thanks for the heads up! Fixed the link..hope you can join us on the 14th! Best, Katherine